Friday, November 8, 2013

I'm right where I belong....

Oh yes, the words I just typed?  I know, I know, I know, that I am right where I belong.  I have been praying for God to use me for years.  I just didn't know that it would take me this far so quickly.  I love how God answers prayer, but have you ever noticed that when He answers and you begin serving in His will, that Satan IS NOT happy.

Two years ago, I accepted an appointment as a leader in women's ministry.  I knew that it was in God's will.  It is a passion I had had, and a desire to serve Him in this area.  Attacked within a week.  I was bathed in prayer by other women in ministry as I shared with them what had happened, and what was said.  God has blessed me with wonderful friends, God fearing women, that came along side.

Along the way in these past two years, there have been ups and downs, but through it all God has blessed me with new friends.  Women I can call on at any time.  Women that know what it is to serve and be in the will of God.  And women who know what it is to be attacked.  How blessed I am.

Recently when a vacancy came up in another area of ministry, I was asked if I would be willing to serve in leadership.  My response was that I would pray about it, and if it was in God's will then I would accept the nomination.  I prayed, even before the nomination was accepted, there was an attack.  Satan was NOT happy.  I continued to pray, sought counsel, prayed some more, and God answered.  Yes, I would accept, even though I knew it wasn't going to be easy. 

It has been a very rough couple of months.  Almost daily there is a comment made, a note left, visits to my office....  Yes, Satan is NOT happy.  My only desire is to be in God's will.  When I listen and hear His voice, I will obey.  I will not walk away until He directs me.  He is who I serve.

Yes, I am right where I belong.  There is a reason for it.  It is beyond my understanding of why these attacks happen.  But, I know who will protect me, who will guide me, who will direct my steps.  And He is all I need.

So Satan, you can just turn around and GO.  You have no place in my life.  I will not let you pull me down.  I will be standing firm.  Because God is in control of my life.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment