Friday, October 30, 2009

Heart Transplant

Last night in the "Outback" Bible study, there was an excerpt written by Barbara Johnson that read; "Belonging to Jesus Christ means that you've been given a heart transplant. With a new heart, He gives the power to be joyful, exuberant, and thankful. Eternal values replace temporary ones."
In today's devotional reading "Scripture compares our conversion experience to receiving a heart transplant" and references Ezekiel 36:26 which reads; "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."
I have accepted this life-changing grace, that only comes from God. I thank Him daily for being patient with me, for never giving up on me. Without Him I am nothing. God freely offers His unconditional love, and I have been blessed beyond measure because of it.
My hope is that you will accept this miracle of grace, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment