Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I am back!


July 29, 2010 was one of the best days of my life. Receiving a telephone call from son-in-law Joel that our first grandchild had been born. Michelle and Noah were well... Noah Ezra Brown... what a wonderful name! Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? A healthy 10lb 11oz 23"L, healthy baby boy...

I started packing my overnight bag, 'cause we were going to be heading out to see Noah... and this mom wanted to make sure that her daughter was okay as well... knowing a bit of what she had to go through for Noah to arrive.

Oh, what a joy to see her, and to see the miracle of life laying in her arms. My daughter was now a mother, that is totally awesome!

To hold Noah for the first time brought memories flooding back of the first time I held our girls, and as I write this I am starting to tear up... miracles of life!



Hard to believe that a whole year has gone by, and my "little man" has celebrated his 1st birthday. Where has the time gone?

I am still in awe of this miracle of life. Loving every minute of being a Grammie. What a joy it is!

Happy first year "little man"! And happy first year of parenthood Michelle and Joel! What great parents you are... so proud of you!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks mom! I didn't know you started writing in this again. I loved reading these two recent posts. You need to keep writing (if you want to of course). I will be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured it was about time... :) I have a lot of stuff floating around in my head... and what better way to share than blogging... someone might enjoy reading it... I love writing!

    ReplyDelete