Thursday, August 18, 2011

So much easier said than done....

Every morning the music of Hillsong plays gently "God of all Creation", and I go out and spend time admiring His creation from the Back Porch or Front Porch, thanking Him for yet another day. My morning is good, pleasant, most of the time peace filled and peaceful. I love my mornings! And then distractions, frustrations, hurts, challenges and a host of other stuff get in the way.

I've been challenged to be in the Word more, pray more, be in fellowship with God more.... I know full well that this is what I need to do, so this week I dove in head first. A Bible is readily available wherever I am, work or home, even in the car. I'm spending more time talking with God, and not at God.

And, suffice to say it has been a difficult week, as I'm sure it has been for a lot of other people. It's been physically challenging with not feeling well, having Melissa in her last week before leaving for college, not being able to spend time with Michelle and her family, grieving with family and friends over deaths and family problems, and the list goes on and on. Oh yes, it's been a very difficult week. But I have to say, that I have been at peace through it all, well for the most part... I have the occasional heart pangs of feeling it's too much, and then I remember that I need to grab the Word, hold fast to it, because I know that He will not give me more than I can handle.

As I read and remember verses a peace floods my soul to overflowing, He blesses me with His presence and He wraps His arms around me and comforts me. Oh what a feeling that is. I am not alone, we are not alone. He is my refuge, my shelter, my everything. Oh how I need to remember that.

John 14:27; Philippians 4:6,7,13; 1Thessalonians 5:16-18; Philippians 4:4. He gives us peace like no one else can, He is our strength like no one else is. I should be rejoicing, always! Giving thanks in all circumstances, praying continually, this is His will for me. Rejoice in the Lord always! Again I say, rejoice!

I am going to continue being in the Word, praying, thanking and praising, and oh yes I will be conversing ... and I know that it is not always going to be an easy road. But, with God on my side, I can do it... because "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13.




No comments:

Post a Comment