Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Peace

John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you.  Not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."

This verse was given to me years ago by a dear friend when preparing to go for a biopsy, and it has been a verse that I turn to every time things get difficult or troubling.  I guess you could say this verse is my security blanket.  It brings me comfort when hurt, softness when afraid and security when I feel alone.

But, it is not the verse that really brings me the comfort, softness and security.  It is Jesus that holds me close.  Jesus gives me peace in the midst of the storms of life.  The verse is just a reminder of who Jesus is, and what He will do for me.  He is my Comforter, my Savior, my Messiah.  He is all I need -- nothing else.

So today I am leaning on Jesus.  Not because I am hurt, or afraid or alone, but for His peace in direction and decisions.

Father God, thank You for giving me the faith to trust You in all situations.  You have been faithful to me through the years, You are all I need..... nothing else.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment