Thursday, February 13, 2014

Another thankful Thursday....

Last Thursday, I posted a status on Facebook...  "Have a "Thankful Thursday"! That's my plan...", and Michelle ran with the idea of blogging her thoughts on the thankful Thursday theme.  I loved her blog, and even thought it would be a good idea to blog on it as well.  I have had many say to me that they are thankful for so much that they wouldn't know where to begin...  So, I am going to sit here and blog about what I am thankful for...  some are silly, some are thoughtful, some create memories...  So here we go, I hope you enjoy my thoughts.

I am thankful for so much, you know, we all say we are thankful for food, shelter, warm homes...  all of that, and I am thankful for all of that and so much more, but I am thankful for some of the things in my home that go unnoticed or taken for granted maybe.  I am thankful for what they are, what they do, what they remind me of, memories and laughter....  here are some pictures of those things that have made me smile and reminisce.
The dog door Dad added to the back door of the "homestead", that the dogs never used.  It is still there, and every time I look at it I smile.  I see a face, 2 little eyes, a nose, and a mouth.  It just makes me smile, that surprised look staring back at me.


And I am sure that not to many people have one of these in there home, or that is used.  We do...  and I can remember Mom sitting at the kitchen table with her coffee chatting away with one of her sisters and laughing famously.

The shelf that Dad built for Mom to display her S&P shaker sets.  Now displaying the treasures she had hidden away in the cupboard.  Only pulling out for special occasions.

The very little gas stove that I cook on and in.  24" of faithfulness to this kitchen.  There have been many delicious meals and baked goodies cooked and baked on and in this "little" wonder.  And many pots of water heated for coffee, cocoa or tea as we gathered around the table for meals or games. 

A beautiful framed needlepoint handed down through the years.  Reminding me of family now gone.  They will never be forgotten.

The 8-track player that sat on a shelf in the corner of the living room.  Mom and Dad would be sitting in their respective glider rockers, feet up, sipping whatever...  singing along to the old western classics or gospel hymns, depending on how they were feeling. 

Family

Family

And yes, even a dancing singing snowman.  Emmitt and Maddison used to love this little guy..  especially Emmitt.  But now it is enjoyed by our grandsons.  Just a little memory treasure.



So, there you have it.  My thankful Thursday blog.  As I typed this I was smiling, remembering...  and that makes my heart feel good.

What are you thankful for on this beautiful Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment