Friday, August 14, 2015

It's the little things....

Oh my goodness!  This has been a very difficult couple of months.  The shortness of breath, pounding heart, "catch breath" stuff...  I've had, xrays, blood work, ultra-sounds, stress echo, CT scan, more blood work, several doctors visits...  and still can't explain what the underlying problem is...

I have been literally unable to do anything...  the stuff I love to do here at home...  cooking, washing dishes, laundry...  it was a real struggle, and still is quite honestly...  but I am pressing on, and doing the best I can...  thankful that I have a very supportive husband that pitches in and helps, and doesn't mind things getting done slower if they get done at all.

There have been days that I would sit down and cry because I just couldn't walk across the floor without being out of breath...  Scary...  extremely scary.

This morning I am grateful for the little things I can do now...  they may not seem like much, but to me they are HUGE!!!  I can do the dishes without having to sit after only a few minutes, I can fold an entire load of laundry without taking a break, I actually walked up a flight of stairs at church having to sit at the top for a minute or two, but I haven't been able to do that for nearly two months.  I could play corn hole without to much effort on the breathing with Michelle yesterday...

Today I go to see the doctor to get results of a CT scan and some blood work that I had done this week, and to see what more I need to do...  so you could pray that there might be some answers...  but if not, I am praising God that He is giving me the strength to get through each day, every minute of each day...  praising Him that I am able to greet the morning, and live each day to the fullest.

What does He have planned for me today?  I don't know.  But I am ready...  because with His strength I can do it...


No comments:

Post a Comment