Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Lifestyle change...

I am getting extremely excited about how things are going...  this "lifestyle change" that my cardiologist told me about...  and his goal for me...  I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical at first, but after reading all the materials he gave me I decided why not give it a try...  and so it began October 13th.

The "lifestyle change" was in my eating...  some people call it a diet, but he called it a "lifestyle change", and that is exactly what it is for me.  No more grains of any kind, no more pasta, no fruit, only meats and vegetables that grow above the ground, and I can have mayonaise, hard cheeses, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, anything that has fat!!!  Yep...  a total revamp of my eating habits, and I am loving it!

I have not had any cravings for anything...  I will admit that some things smell really good when baking.... like homemade bread, banana bread, cookies...  but I am not craving or wanting it when it's out of the oven.  I can fill up on what I can have and that is good with me.

So, this is how it's been going.  GREAT!!!  Since starting this new "lifestyle change" I have lost 28 pounds, gone down a size in jeans and tops.  I still have a ways to go to make it to the goal of 60 pounds set by my cardiologist... but I am almost half way there, and my goal of 30 might be reached by New Year's,  if not it's okay because I've got this...  I am enjoying the challenge of finding new ways to cook things, and am finding new recipes that are quite yummy...

So, this "lifestyle change" is great for me...  it's not for everyone...  but I just couldn't hold it in any longer... I'm pumped about it...  yes I am!




No comments:

Post a Comment