Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Seasons of Grief - Shock

What is shock?  It's a sudden, violent disturbance to the body.  Have you encountered this paralyzing reaction?  What are the circumstances?  Mine has been in the grief process of losing both my parents within 40 days of each other.

A numbess, an awareness that I wasn't in control, a realization that there's something missing from my life now.  There are days that I can go on and everything seems good, and then all of a sudden, out of the blue I am overtaken.  The shock really hasn't worn off...  and I am grief stricken.  I feel powerless to cope.  And to think striaght?  Hardly!

So what do I do?  I would like to say that I immediately go to Jesus, but I am human after all.  But then I feel His hand gently leading me to Himself.  And I realize that I can do nothing to make it better on my own, that I am totally dependent on Him for His guidance through this process.

"The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace."  Psalm 29:11

Oh Lord, my feet have been swept out from under me, but in Your loving arms I am steady and secure.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment