Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I had something so profound to blog this morning, or so I thought.....everything that I have been thinking about is somehow being erased from my mind. I have been reading again this morning and realizing a lot about myself from this book. That I don't have to do good things to please God, to make Him love me more, that all I have to do is be His friend.........to seek Him and spend time with Him. My life is filled with doing good things..........not that that is wrong, but do I really take the time with God that He deserves? Do I spend quiet one on one time with Him? I have to admit that my answer is, NO!!!!! I have been struggling with this issue for a loooooong time. Thinking that I am doing what would please Him by doing good things.....when all along what He wants most is for me to spend time with Him. The Mary and Martha thing......Mary chose what was right....Martha, well, Martha was doing what she felt was right. And Jesus response to her grumbling? Martha, Martha......... Oh, I don't want to hear those Sharon, Sharon words.......

Enjoy this day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it. Today I am thankful.......... that God loves me for me, and not what I do for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment