Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"If we're going to be able to handle life when it doesn't seem to make sense, we have to get real. We have to set our faces in the right direction and keep walking as He walked. At times the road will be long and dark, the mountains unscalable. Because we're human we won't always make perfect choices. Sometimes it will seem we take two steps forward and one step back, but it doesn't really matter. All that really matters is being on the right road."

How many of us have heard the phrase, "oh, get real"..... I have heard it many times. But never in the context of what Sheila Walsh wrote in her book Life Is Tough But God Is Faithful. This book may have been written in 1999, but it is so applicable to my life right now. Life doesn't make sense.....so many things have happened this past year that sometimes I am so overwhelmed with questions of why, that I forget to turn to the One who has all the answers. I may not get them right when I want them, but He knows every big and little thing that is going on. Why, and there it is again, do I wait until I can't seem to handle it anymore to go to Him, instead of going to Him right from the beginning. And I appreciate Sheila's sentence in the above paragraph that is the answer for me....."Because we're human we won't always make the perfect choices."

I've got to admit that things haven't been all roses and sunshine lately. Health issues of my mother, an uncle with recurring cancer and chemo treatments, an aunt just diagnosed with congestive heart failure, an uncle who committed suicide, family relationships strained, financial concerns because of hours cut, excruciating pain so that I don't want to move, to name a few. But I can have peace because I have Jesus. Praise God!!!! I have to admit that I struggle, that I question, that I let Satan get a foot hold at times, and listen to his voice that I am not good enough, or that I've done something wrong and that the reason I have pain is because of some hidden sin that I haven't confessed(and people have said that directly)... I will not let Satan get a grip on me, I am an adopted daughter of Christ. I will make mistakes, but by the grace and mercy of God I am forgiven.

I am going to set my face on Christ and do my best to walk as He walked and stay on the right road.

Enjoy this day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it. Today I am thankful............even though it is cold outside, it is warm inside, and not just in the house, but my heart is warmed with the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment