Monday, January 12, 2009

My devotions this morning certainly made me do a double take in my reading. How many of us love discipline? I know I haven't loved it, but now I have to think of it in a different light. Proverbs 12:1 To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction.

"In one sense, this proverb describes two different types of people; those who learn, and those who refuse to learn. The first, the learners, understand and accept the necessity of discipline as part of the learning process. The second, the refusers, ignore and reject correction. The learners decide to love discipline; the refusers decide to hate anything and everything that might offer a good lesson. The learners grow in wisdom; the refusers sink into stupidity."

Wow! Never thought of it that way. Why not? I guess I have thought of discipline as something negative, when in reality it is something to create a positive. to teach, for me to learn right from wrong........who would have thought I could not have understood.........

I want to learn. I will now think of discipline as a learning curve. What is there for me to learn from this?

Dear Lord, please remind me today that when I make my next mistake I have also created a good opportunity to learn. Help me love that!

Enjoy this day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it. Today I am thankful.......that even at my age I can still learn what God wants for me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I thought it would take much more "encouragement" for you to make the switch! I'm glad you did..now I can comment!

    ReplyDelete